Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Wonderful Valentine

I remember in 2000, I spent Valentine's Day of Form 5, with a couple of my Secondary school buddies, who would later turn out to be my closest friends alive going out for a 'banana farm' outing to our local shopping center, followed by a yum cha session at a nearby bak kut teh shop.Back then, I remember laughing it all off as I knew somehow I would not spend it alone forever, or in the case of that day, with a bunch of guy friends.I even remember what we watched....Meet the Parents.

Fast forward 7 years later.....where I was spending most of Valentine's Day poring and perusing through my new employment contract and being in love with an amazing girl and thinking so much about her that its come to a point of annoying Nizam , Muslim activist and lawyer extraordinaire who stmubles across this humble blog of mine once in a while.

But God/St Valentine/Cupid/The Commercial Council of Valentine's Day has been kind to me this year.This year I am not wallowing in self pity as I have someone special to share this special day with.And a far cry from last week when I was sulking comparing my contract with I was getting in my current company....it was a great improvement after much arguing with these guys I think to the point I am now officially labelled troublemaker (I kid...)

But its a good offer in the end, one that is really not such a bad one for my twenty three years of age to be getting la.So this Valentine's have got a bit to be thankful for.I joined my current post with two other guys who later became probably my closest friends here. (affectionately and sarcastically we are called the 'powderful' name of Three Stooges by our Teams' Execs/managers). And so the Three Stooges are no longer come next month.I guess Syer will be the only Stooge left la...continuing whatever legacy we have here :P

Spent the weekend at Satsuma at Cineleisure Damansara ... RM 18.90 for the Seafood Shabu Shabu , but I went for Beef Set at RM 23.90, was not bad, but Milkyboy had the set where you bakar the damn thing and I felt it was not worth it......you only get the meat onli...nothing else...... plus the dashi (soup) was amazing la........pity Milkyboy...at last he had to add on to fill up LOL

Oh ya, the major hiatus was due to the fact I kena cough, cold, infection, muscular cramps and a badly sprained neck and was practically rendered incompetent, ineffective and unproductive for a grand total of 2 weeks , but I'm much better now....


Happy Valentine's People!! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Niz said...

Or Hitz FM puts it - Happy Single Awareness Day. :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"cough, cold, infection, muscular cramps and a badly sprained neck"

where have you been?what've you been doing? wrestling?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

LOL....

Niz-Yea I used to celebrate that for a few years :P

Liz-No la bro.I had terrible bout with flu and god knows an army of virii and bacterii :P

6:45 PM  
Blogger frostee said...

Good to have you back dude. And all the best if your new workplace!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Thanks FON....eh when u come down Klang buzz me la, we go yum cha!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Niz said...

I don't stmubles. Well, okay, okay, I sometmies (sengaja spell that way) do. :)

Just read that "Lost Your Mind" post and it seems good 'ol Emm is back. Then I got to the conclusion and sigh ... the (love) bug is biting. Stmubling along.

P.S. Been there, so don't take this too seriously. ;)

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home