Thursday, May 18, 2006

An Open Letter to MENJ

This is an open letter to MENJ in response to his post in regards to Christianity.

Dear MENJ,

I find it amazingly hypocritical that you can post such a daringly  insensitive post while claiming to do da'wah and stand for a religious, even holy cause.Sorry, but I find it hypocritical.You advocate 'am'al maaruf nahi mungkar' type of Islam which I believe simply as 'Do good and not evil".How can berating a fellow man's religion possibly be good?Satire or no satire, imagine what would have happened supposing someone posted something against Islam, in the name of Jesus and the uproar that would've caused.We are a pluralistic society, not a monotheistic theocracy.

I also find asking someone to masturbate to Chapter 23 of Ezekiel bankrupt of moral standing, and an insult to apologetics itself.I am far from a good Christian and will be the first to admit that.But that which is not good is me, not my religion.I believe Muslims have a similar saying, the good comes from Allah and which is bad comes from ourselves", so why target Christianity?You claim that my faith is irrational and illogical.Yes it is, and I am proud of it.Yes, being crucified is senseless and stupid.Yes, believing in the Trinity is incomprehensible.But so is the miracles of the Holy Prophet.Having water flow out of your fingernails and trees that cry because the prophet refused to preach under it.Moon that is cut into two and stones being dropped by bird in the skies to the enemies of Allah.It is as, if not more illogical than my faith.Yet you and one billion others profess it.

I find it shallow that one who speaks so much of religion, and so much on history to take sides rather than be objective in the matter of the May 13 riots.My father saved the lives of 2 Muslim girls by letting them ride in his car driving through a Chinese part of town in Penang.Even so, he remains objective of the whole incident and says that both parties are at fault.It was a black spot in our history not some random event started by DAP as a conspiracy to topple for power.Conspiracy or not, are you contributing to nation building by harping on the issue.By doing so you only fuel hate and hate kills peace.

I have Muslim friends whom I consider brothers , people I would die for and people who would die for me. Look up Hizzad, Imran,Man and a host of others.I ride to work with a good friend who teaches me something about Islam every day.NONE have disrespected my religion in the way you just did by that post.

God is about love, not hate.I could have typed my usual crazy joke style post while poking fun of your moustache, your dad, your English or whatever la, but out of respect of what you are doing (preaching) I owe you this much( a decent post)

I will not engage you in any argument or debate, nor do you argue/debate in the same circles / forums/channels that I do, but this is just a post to let you know what you have done in most Christian's eyes are unnaceptable and painful.

 

Just to ponder - Sura 29:46, "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you."

Sura 10:94  If you have any doubt regarding what is revealed to you from your Lord, then ask those who read the previous scripture

Sura 5:46  Subsequent to them, We sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the previous scripture (the Torah).  We gave him the Gospel, containing guidance and light, and confirming the previous scriptures

Peace be with you.

 



Find answers fast with Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new MSN Search. Try it now.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the Heart of All Religions is the Same Truth. That's why many of us cannot understand that one religion is no different than the next. It’s because of the mind. Perhaps, we are not that enlightened to go beyond the mind. Then we see differently, and truly understand that there’s no difference, ever. It's such a simple thing that we shake our heads and can’t believe that we couldn’t understand it before.

It's OK if each of us can pursue what he or she wants to study and believe, whether false or true. But the problem comes when we start to ARGUE and FIGHT among each other because of philosophical differences. Then we truly disgrace ourselves and our ascended Teachers because They always preached peace, integrity and love.

Thus, it doesn't matter now whether we believe that Christianity is the greatest religion or that Buddhism is the highest belief system in the world; we don’t need to argue.
Instead we should seek to know our true religion, the true religious essence, which Buddha left behind, which the Teacher of the Tao left behind, which Christ left behind. And then we’ll know that the only, the best and the quickest way is through enlightenment.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Like I said multimmid and serge,

No religion is bad.I brought up the MENJ issue with my Muslim friends, mostly those who did tertiary studies in Islam.Most just shook it off saying he had not read fully the religious books.If he had read it fully, as they said, he would be far less critical and more for promoting interreligious harmony.

My friends also told me that there is a way to read the hadith,and that certain hadith cannot be read alone, and other hadith is not fully 'sohih' or accepted.I am learning to respect these guys more and more.And bigotry less and less.

12:10 PM  
Blogger MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

I guess there's a MENJ in every religion. Although that does not mean that I endorse what he does.

Indeed, he's banned me from his blog more times than I can count, because I have often gone against him.

I see his views as an insult to my religion. I see his existence as an insult to humanity.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus get a life. i dont agree with menj but it is his right to say whatever he wants. you guys are giving him too much credit.

not christian, not muslim

8:15 AM  
Blogger chong y l said...

hi emmanuel:

Good and sensible response to one closed mind.

thanks for visiting and supporting my humble initiative.

Peace to all too. ~~ Desi

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bunch of low lifes, can you do something good rather then having pointless debates on the religious issues. For god sake, there's nothing much you or your fellow brethren can do about it.

If today a minister can get away with an open admission to "close one eye" concept, there's nothing stopping to MENJ or whatever it is.

My humble request for all is to live a harmonious life and peace between all religions. It's enough defacement to christians livelihood already with the incoming blasphemious Da Vinci code. What is next then? A silent cross war!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

We could've done much more, according to Shariman, we just are not doing it.I suspect this issue will cool down over time, like Tak Bai even.

As for getting a life, how would you like it if someone asked you wank off to your holy book?

As to your humble request,we did not start it, nor are we ending it.We are just saying what should be said.If you feel annoyed at this, go hug a MENJ or something.

5:32 AM  
Blogger MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

Yes, there are a lot of things anyone creative enough with the legal system can do in order to incriminate MENJ.

But quite frankly, the flipside of bringing into public attention someone like MENJ would only be a detrimental move to the local blogging scene in general.

Politically speaking, it will give the government all the more reason to implement stricter control on blogs and the usage of internet in general.

But that is my personal view on the matter.

The fact of the matter is, his actions was not designed to insult my religion, although he inadvertantly did insult Islam by making innumerable misrepresentations of the religion and by his public conduct which is less than desirable for a level-headed Muslim.

Therefore, I understand your concern, and indeed the concern of all that wish for him to be brought to justice.

If you feel strongly about taking a legal course of action by reporting him to the police under criminal charges of offences relating to religion, then by all means it is your right to do so.

Regardless, I advise proper consideration of all factors before any irreversible action involving the authorities are taken.

In my latest opinion regarding the matter, I suggested that MENJ should apologize to Malaysian Christians that he has offended recently and in the past, and an understanding that he should tone down his anti-Christian sentiment.

I am unsure if that is an adequate solution, but it is at the time of writing, the most diplomatic course that I could think of. Perhaps I am playing devil's advocate here to an extent, but I find that ganging up on him leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As it stands, the choice in the course of action now lies with the collective persons who are against MENJ, since he is currently stonewalling himself in his own little world.

7:43 AM  
Blogger NeoWakko said...

Let me add on to your flow, that we should find the good in all things.

From what that idiot had written, we should find the good in it. For ourselves.

let me give this religous writing thing a try...

9:58 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Thanks Shariman for the ideas and Neo, if you feel strongly about it, you should write something hehe

5:22 AM  
Blogger chong y l said...

hi blogsfren Emmanuel:

Thanks for viositing Desi's Place and "endorsing" that Initiative.

I'm glad it ended the way it did -- as Da Bard says, All's Well That Ends Well;

adding "The World's A Stage..."


Will visit agin, just ad that many of your views on MENJ issue coincide with mine/mind.

GOoDdae, God Bless.--Desi

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmanuel, ignore this menj - whoever he is, he's not worth the neural synapses to even think about.

(chuckles)

Emmanuel, I once asked you what would the world be like if religion wasn't invented.

Remember your answer, Emmanuel, remember your answer.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a little extra to add..

from what I've read bout this menj's posts - I don't consider him a real muslim. True, he's prolly very devout and all that but he hasn't seen the "real truth". He hasn't truly made his Choice. Thus, u see all crap that he writes.

My Sociology lecturer once brought up the topic of religion in class. I was estatic, Emmanuel, I thought this was gonna be 1 great opportunity to shock some minds in class particularly my lecturer's. But after some exchange of thoughts with her, I realized that she was a true muslim. She knew the truth about religion and she has made her Choice. I stopped argueing immediately. Why? Because I respected her Choice - To Believe.

It is a different thing to believe in something without knowing the truth and it is a totally different thing to believe in something while you know the truth.

What Truth am I yapping about?
That's for you to decide.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Yes I remember my answer.I believe I said religion did more bad to humankind than good.But without religion, there would be no Mother Tersa, or no Da Vinci code.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home