Friday, July 15, 2005

The Bamboo Thieves


Warning: Rant Post ahead.

I woke up this morning to a hysterical mother screaming that someone stole something from our porch.After a happy snooze thats not really something you want to wake up to.Plus it was raining so.... . Anyway,a few rolls later, I walk out to see what the big hoo haa was about.Turns out some slick(and stupid) thief had stolen some bamboo shoots.Now I may be a little out of touch in the black market side of things but if memory serves splinters fetch very little.Why the hell would you want to steal it?I have come up with a few possible explanations

1.Giant pandas has invaded Klang and are hungry.They saw some sweet shoots and used precision blades to slice them off.
2.The thieves got confused between 'rebung' and decorative bamboo.
3.The thieves wanted to weave baskets.
4.The thieves suffered from kleptomania.
5.The thieves were stupid.



Pic:My dad freaking out.

Now I believe in argument 5 strongly.Coz they left my Alain Deloins, my Reebok trainers and heaps of metal(dismantled car suspension system) untouched.

Or they could just be Bamboo Hunters or mini garden vandals.I just don't understand why all this funny things seems to happen to me..

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe there were some treasures buried in the bamboo.. hehehe :D..

-az-

8:53 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Haha...possible ler.How do I add a link on my blog to yours ah?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

6) The thieves were drunk or high on drugs.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mereke mencuri, Kita Memberi. Berilah mereka peluang bertaubat. Lain kali cubalar memberi daun pandan pula. Sekian.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

LOL...
Haji-...daun pandan nak buat aper?masak kaya kot.Dah sampai tahap nak curi bambu tu tak taula boleh ker tak bertaubat

Arshana-possible la...probably were hungry so decided to eat some bamboo shoots?

7:51 PM  
Blogger philters said...

you know what, if you actually went with the pandas gig, some tabliod might actually buy your story...

9:08 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

LMAO I doubt la.Unless I stripped nude and hugged the panda.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home